TTC tokens/tickets can be purchased at any TTC subway station. If you’re using Presto, you can buy the card at certain stations, and reload it online (its super easy). Metropasses can also be bought at any subway station. Pricing/purchase otptions are listed below:
- Cash fare: $3.25
- Presto: $3.00/ride
- Post secondary students get a discounted monthly metropass rate (where you can ride the TTC unlimited number of times within the month!). The price is $116.75.
- Be aware that you also need to purchase a TTC student ID and carry it with you as proof that you are a post secondary student. This can be purchased at Sherbourne subway station for $7. (Please buy this, fare inspectors check fare more often than you think!!)
You can buy your tokens/tickets at any TTC subway station. If you’re using Presto, you can buy the card at certain stations, and reload it online (its super easy). Metropasses can also be bought at any subway station. For more information, please visit https://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/Prices.jsp
DON'T FORGET: THE NEW COLLEGE FRONT DESK SELLS TTC TOKENS!
- Ontario Health Card/UHIP
- Confirmation of registration (tickets)
- Water bottle
- Snacks (granola bars, fruit, etc.)
- Phone + charger
- Presto card / ttc tokens / transit fare
- Extra socks and clothes (in case of rain)
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- If you haven’t registered for a T-Card, make sure to bring the following documents: TCard Required Documents
- Semi-formal clothes (for Tuesday only)
- Deposit for lockers (optional)
- $5 cash deposit for lockers (optional)
Tips and Tricks
- Leave your valuables at home
- It might be tempting to bring your fancy camera to orientation, but leave it at home. There will be a photographer during orientation so feel free to ask him to take a photo for you during the week!
- Keep in touch
- Make sure you get the contact information for your leader, and fellow group mates! Grab everyone’s phone numbers to stay in the loop throughout and after orientation week. Don’t forget, your leader is here to help you throughout the school year so don’t be shy to contact them later on!
- Step outside your comfort zone
- Entering university may seem daunting, but everyone is probably feeling the same way. Orientation week is here to help you transition into your new chapter! Try a new activity and make some new friends. After all, you only get one Orientation week!
- Stay hydrated!
- Although Orientation will be in September, it can still be hot! Some of our activities during the week require high energy and being under the sun. Keep your water bottle with you at all times, and continue filling it up in the many water bottle filling stations throughout New College and campus.
- Make the most out of Orientation
- Make sure you attend every session, including the academics, as they are very helpful and informative. Come meet your future professors, find out about available resources, and learn about tips and tricks to help you succeed!
Welcome from the Commuter Dons
Hi everyone! We’re the New College Commuter Dons and we’re super excited for you all to join the New College community this coming year! As Commuter Dons we get to work with commuter students and help them navigate their academic career by acting as mentors, and connecting you to the appropriate resources in order to best answer your questions. Not to mention we host both fun and informative events in order to help you expand your network and get the most out of your time with New College! Be sure to check out our Facebook page and give us a follow to stay up to date with what we have going on!
We look forward to seeing you all at Orientation! Be sure to come and say hi!
Dawson, Joanna, and Coco
New College Commuter Dons