What is Orientation?
HELLO AND WELCOME!
The New College Orientation Team is excited to present Views from the New, the 2018 New College Orientation program!
Our Orientation is a five-day program from September 3rd-7th dedicated to welcoming incoming students to New College and helping these students transition both academically and socially to different aspects of university life. New College prides itself on putting together programming to make this transition as smooth (and as fun!) as possible.
By participating in Orientation, you get to:
- Meet and become friends with other incoming students who live both on- and off-campus!
- Meet, befriend, and learn insider tips from upper-year student leaders
- Choose from a number of academic and skill-based workshops aimed at giving you the best preparation possible for your upcoming year
- Join the New College community as it celebrates its college pride at Bed Races and the University of Toronto Student Union parade
- Attend a semi-formal event at one of Toronto’s most well-known and iconic landmarks, the Royal Ontario Museum
- Go sightseeing on double-decker buses around the City of Toronto
- Explore the expansive variety of clubs that New College and the University of Toronto has to offer. We hope you find a club that interests you! It’s a great way to make friends and be involved in something you are passionate about!
- Attend events on Thursday and Friday to make your transition to classes as stress free as possible
- Free food!
- Experience one of the greatest weeks of university! (Don’t believe us? Check out our schedule to see the amazing week we have planned for all of you!)
If you want to know more, check out the information the rest of the site and our social media and don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com!
We look forward to seeing you in September!
Zahra & Fatima
2018 New College Orientation Coordinators
About the Theme
At New College we value inclusivity, diversity, community, and friendships. As such, we hoped for our theme to encompass all of that. Views from the New incorporates the idea that everything you see in and around the college is part of your Toronto and UofT experience, and deserves to be explored and incorporated into the start of your university career.
About the Logo
Using New College’s staple colors: green and gold, the logo was made to bring to life the theme of this year’s Orientation Week theme. In the logo, we see Goliath the Gnu with binoculars looking outwards from the city of Toronto. This symbolizes the sense of community in New College that is extended to local students as well as students coming from all over the world.
Let New Take You
If finances are a barrier to you attending Orientation Week, we welcome you to complete the Orientation Kit Subsidy form and e-mail it to the New College Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the Orientation Kit Subsidy form by visiting http://uoft.me/orientationsubsidy18.